NORDIC LIVE PITCH
Nordic Live Pitch @ Nordic Game – Again!
The 10 Year Anniversary of Nordic Game will also be the 5th Anniversary of the Nordic Live Pitch.
To celebrate, the Nordic Live Pitch will be the climax of the “Investing in Games” theme, tying together an Investment Summit on 21 May, a dedicated track in the conference program, and the Nordic Live Pitch on 22 May.
Here is what last year’s winner Jorgen Tharaldsen of Megapop from Norway, has to say about the Nordic Live Pitch:
Winning the Nordic Game Live Pitch has really meant a lot to us! That we can call ourselves the "Commercially most promising Nordic Game studio" for a year, in this global hot spot for games, undoubtedly has a value. Just prepping for the event, meant we had to focus on who we are and where we are going, as judged by a panel of pro gaming investors. We have just launched our first awesome game, we have raised a bit of money, and we have gotten our fair share of international press, and Nordic Game was part of kickstarting it. I would thus wholeheartedly recommend any up-and-coming studio to apply. It's a bit scary going up on the center stage at the leading Nordic gaming conference, but then again, if we want to succeed we need to push ourselves.
Investor Line up announced
Nordic Game is pleased to announce a quality panel of investors for the Live Pitch competition at Nordic Game Conference on Thursday 22 May.
They are David Gardner of London Venture Partners always active in the Nordic region recently in Supercell, Torleif Ahlsand of Northzone Norway, investors in games such as Playdo, and Spacescape, Shum Singh of Agnito Capital specializing in deals in the global games market, Petri Lehmuskoski, Finland, of Gorilla Ventures and not least Mark Rein of Epic.
Anyone of these investors can change the fortunes of any of the companies they like in the competition. All will be available for meetings at Pitch and Match.
How to participate in the Nordic Live Pitch:
As before, all entrants need to submit a single page A4 on their project, to include:
* What is the project, why is it innovative, and what problem does it solve, e.g. is it a new genre, a feature, technology or a new market opportunity?
* Why is the team behind the project a winning team?
* What do you require from investors - e.g. cash, Non Execs, Mentoring etc.?
* How will investors receive a return on their (risky or not so risky) investment?
* For more information and to send in your project please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions, Friday 25 April 2014
The Benefits of applying:
* Pitching at real investors
* Promoting your company and game
* Anyone submitting a pitch and not reaching the final will get feedback from Games Capital, if asked for.
* Anyone submitting a pitch will get a free entry to the “Investing in Games” Summit on Wednesday 21 May at 14:00 which will feature the best Nordic entrepreneurs and investors from around Europe.
* Any company making it to the final will get a free pass to the Nordic Game Pitch and Match B2B meeting system.
* All finalists will receive coaching from Games Capital, if asked for.
* The event at the Nordic Game 2014 Conference will take place on Thursday 22 May at 16:00.
* The event this year is for entries from Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden only.